Stealth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stealth Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hosting Problems--Solved!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Soul
Admin
Soul

Hosting Problems--Solved! Empty
PostSubject: Hosting Problems--Solved!   Hosting Problems--Solved! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2007 10:54 pm

Not everyone can host on B.Net, but everyone is capable of doing so. I had spent about 2-3 hours on Google trying to find out why i could not host a B.Net game. Yet it only took about 5 minutes to fix my problem. There is a site that walks you threw it step by step even providing pictures of what your supposed to do.

www.PortForward.com

All you need to know is the router you use.

www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Warcraft_III/Warcraft_IIIindex.htm

The link right above this text is the list for the game warcraft 3, just find your router. The way i found what router i has was by typing in my ip number in the address box and it took me to my Home Network Summary. If you do not know how to obtain your ip address then...

Go to your desktop.
Click Start.
Scroll up to Run...
Type in cmd
Then when your systems box opens type in ipconfig
You Default Gateway number is the one you type in the address field

Portforward is just a way to get around your firewall thats blocking you from being able to host. Your firewall is still up and running though. With any luck you will be able to host from ports 6112-6119. If your still having problems fill free to ask any questions and i will try to help you as best as i can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All credit to this information is given to RelaxNTakeNotes...Thanks Notes!

Further information added by Demo: 10:15 PM Nov 24

In most cases, contacting your router is much more simple than many of these sites make it seem. As long as you have a network set up and are connected to the internet through your router, you should simply be able to access your router through your web browser by entering in the proxy IP address. By default, it should either be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Simply type this into your browser and press enter and it should pull up your router control panel or a dialog that asks for a name/pass.
All routers use the default name blank and password "admin" (or vise versa), so just type those in and you should be fine.
After that, it depends on your model. Most routers just have a section called "port exceptions" somewhere, and just enter in the ports 6111-6119 for WC, then whatever other ports you may need for other games, then reset the connection (this will terminate your internet connection temporarily, so you will be disconnected from chatting apps, etc.).

Good luck, good gaming.
Back to top Go down
https://stealthforums.forumotion.com

Hosting Problems--Solved!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stealth Forums :: General :: Important User Information-
Jump to: