Stealth Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stealth Forums

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warcraft Macro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Demo

Demo

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:46 pm

So, as you all know (or you should, at least), I am an avid user of AutoHotKey. So, of course, I had to make a macro for WC. Now, when I first started making macros for WC I didn't get too fancy, I just made a macro that would let me quit a game quickly, enter a game quickly, etc. However, I just recently added to it a remapping function that I think deems it a position in the ranks of our forum. So, here's a little list of the things the macro can do (and remember, it's hard to make macros for WC cause you have to emulate keystrokes, you can't just tell WC to do stuff):

-Log on to B.Net and enter a channel (Just sends a series of hotkey strokes, nothing fancy)
-State the name of a game you are going to host to channel and friends, then take you to the map screen and type in the name (Thanks to Soul for the little bug catch)
-Quickly exit a game (Just sends F10, E, Q, etc.)
-Send right-click every 1 millisecond (Sounds really awesome but only useful on ice, really)
-Auto-select hero (Just sends F1 twice)
-Quickly pause game (Send F10, M)
-Remaps arrow keys to WASD keys (This one actually kicks as much ass as it sounds, though it can get annoying to type while remapped)

I think there are some functions I'm forgetting, but whatever. If you guys want this or have any suggestions, just request/put forth them here. Right now I'm working on a faster way to transfer between remapping keys so you can type while mazing more easily, but it might take a while (plus I'm still working on Soul's present). Also, Soul made a suggestion for a macro that works for LC too, and it can be made, but it's limited in that it can't select a map for you so you have to jump through some hoops to get it to work.

Seeya on WC.

EDIT: In addition, just keep in mind that this isn't anything like BL or LC, I don't manipulate any native functions of WC or anything, I just emulate key commands, etc., so I can't just go in and find a map then tell WC to host it, so don't get too crazy in your recommendations for ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.icanhascheezburger.com
Greg

Greg

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:00 pm

cn u send me on xfire??
Back to top Go down
Demo

Demo

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:47 am

Later today (that means later this week, probably) I'll put it up on AHK site and let you guys download it directly. It's not quite finished yet (well, technically it is), but I need to make it so it all compiles into one executable file rather than the two AHK files I have it configured for now.

If you guys want to make your own macros, they're really easy to do. The only reason I put this topic up here is because there are a lot of people who simply don't know about them, but macros are a life-saver. Go to autohotkey.com if you guys wanna try it out, because AHK pwns everything.
Back to top Go down
TDoM-Z_Cipherz

TDoM-Z_Cipherz

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Also, ich bin ziemlich faul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.quakewars.com
Demo

Demo

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:41 pm

When I gave Soul the WC macro the only request he had was to make it easier to host a map. I told him that the only things I could do was emulate key commands, so I could only make navigating menus easier, not actually hosting.
However, I have done some research and have found a way to allow you to host a map entirely through a macro, selecting the map and all. How, you ask? Through the registry.
I did some research on WC and figured out that when you hit the Create tab when you go to host a map, WC calls a map value from the registry and displays the respective map to be hosted.
This means that, when you host a map, all you have to do is type a string into a search box and it will find all maps matching that value (eg if you type in "polar" it will bring up Polar Escape, Polar Escape 2, etc. and all maps containing that string) and you will be able to select the map and that map's value will be sent to the registry and then hosted with a name you give the macro.

I will begin adding this code to the macro immediately. If you guys have any more suggestion or anything else you want the host macro to do, please tell me. As they say, if you are ever able to declare your masterpiece finished, it is clearly not a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Demo

Demo

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:31 pm

Well, looks like I was counting my chickens a bit early. WC only reads the registry upon initialization, and then stores the values for the hosted maps as a variable within the application itself, only writing to the registry once you exit from the game. This means that my macro would only work once, and only before you ever start WC, so I guess it's a no-go.

Sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warcraft Macro Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft Macro   Warcraft Macro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warcraft Macro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stealth Forums :: Warcraft :: Mazing-
Jump to: